Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Jesus

Wow, as a first post, maybe Jesus was not the smartest target to go for, but then again, I've just weeded out the closed-minded. If you're still here, either you're a brave soul, or just one of my friends in the real world, in which case I say read on, and don't be a gentle critic. Now I'll bet you're asking yourselves, why attack Jesus? Well guess what? I'm not attacking Jesus. That would be fucked up. Instead, I'm attacking the people who use His name as an excuse to be ignorant in their ways about life. I'm getting ahead of myself...let's start at the man.

It's commonly accepted that Jesus was born in Bethlehem, and lived most of His days in that area of the world. Is everyone with me when I say that it's extremely unlikely that Jesus ever visited the United States of America, or for that matter the land that would eventually become the USA? Good. Then why is it that it's also commonly accepted that Jesus looked like this?What part of "Bethlehem is in the Middle-East" do people, especially religious zealots, not seem to understand? There was NO WAY Jesus would have been a white guy being born there, unless Mary was also wh- oh damn. Apparently she was.
Yikes. No wonder she was a virgin.
That means one of three things:

1: The Bible is wrong about everything.

2: Jesus really was white.

3: White people are in charge of the modern portraits of Biblical figures.

So which one is it? I'm sure we can discount Number One. I'd be killed otherwise. Number Two would make a lot of Red State individuals happy, but unfortunately for them, that is extremely unlikely and impossible to prove beyond a reasonable doubt. So really, that leaves Number Three. Well that's refreshing.

White people really are some of the most ego-centric people ever, not including Flava-Flav. (For the record, I am a White male.) But would they really put all logic aside to make our Lord and Saviour look like them? Yes.Yes, they would.
I'm guessing a white guy did not draw this.
"Where's your proof? Your sources?" Don't worry...I can hear your crawling doubts from here. Well guess what? I don't have any. You'll just have to trust me. I'm a good Christian man who just happens to beleive that Jesus was black. Or Middle-Eastern. Just not White is all I'm saying. Sure there's the argument that he was Jewish. But so is Lenny Kravitz.
Jesus?
I leave this entry with some food for your thoughts. Do you really think all Christians want peace with everyone else and to sing Kumbaya by the damn bonfire? Oh, hell no. I know of a group who wants the opposite. Check out the forums at landoverbaptist.com...I hope you'll be as thoroghly entertained as I was. This may be a joke site, but keep this in mind: There are really people just like that in the real world.

No comments:

Post a Comment